Friday, September 7, 2007

Bloggings Will Continue...

...until I come to the end of my list. I played with LibraryThing a bit, then realized that trying to think of all my favorite books at once was making me freeze, as though I were taking an exam. Where to begin? There are the books I loved as a child, the ones I come back to every couple of years, the ones which made an indelible impression on me in a special place and time but which I feel no need to read again, the ones I didn't appreciate fully on first encounter but grew to understand gradually. Rather like trying to make a list of your friends. I guess I'll have to categorize books--which, as with friends, seems a pretty cold approach--every time I sign on to Thing to add titles. This problem aside, LibraryThing certainly could be a good way to connect with readers who share my tastes.

1 comment:

Susan Stonesifer said...

April--I agree about connecting with people who have similar tastes!

Susan