Tuesday, October 2, 2007

What's Up, Doc?

GoogleDocs could be quite a useful tool. Already the editing possibilities have me thinking about ways musical and other organizations I belong to might work collectively on contact lists, performance schedules, and other business that usually gets dumped onto one or two hardworking members who maintain documents and spreadsheets on the group's behalf. Less individual e-mail contact, fewer revisions--sounds good for all concerned.
To test GoogleDocs, I typed up a short transcription of an old (1940's) newspaper article I'd found in the family archives quietly curling around the edges and fading away. This was easy enough to create and file; next, I'll try sharing it electronically with relatives across the country. Sharing documents with distant co-workers in a similar way seems logical.

No comments: