Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Written in the Sand

My little Seuss contribution to the Learning 2.0 Sandbox wiki has me wondering how Dr. Seuss would conceptualize the 23 Things. He did such a good job with the original 1 and 2, who zip through my mind every time I blog about our Things. I can imagine whole pages of creatures with neon hair flying, text-messaging as they go--they do seem to be the multi-tasking, or rather multi-playing, type!
I enjoyed browsing the lists of favorite things but wished that some writers had elaborated on why they made the choices they did. For example, trying to communicate the power of a song or a tune is hard, but just listing song titles and artists you like doesn't mean much to the reader unless he/she already has some knowledge of the music being discussed and has formed an opinion. You can't comment on what you don't know about, and much of the fun to be had in a wiki sandbox seems to be in the commentary.

No comments: